Monday, March 27, 2006

Help is here!

Finally, help is here. We got our maid from Indonesia last Saturday, 25th March 2006. Her name is Tuminah. I, personally was a bit apprehensive, having a stranger in our house, what more leaving Danial in her care. But all my doubts were laid to rest after three days. So far, she has met my expectations and more. I'm grateful that my prayers have been answered. Danial was the acid test and she passed the test with flying colours on the first day itself. Danial instantly warmed up to him very much to my relief.

Now, my house looks and feels more and more like a home. Not that it's not home before. It's just that I'm too busy with Danial to do anything much in the house. With Bibik around, the kitchen, bathrooms, floor, and everything she touches is much cleaner. Although we had to cough up a little bit more than RM4,000 to get her in, I think it's money well spent. I just hope that she's a keeper.

Tomorrow will be another milestone. Bibik is going to cook for the first time and we'll leave her with Danial at home for the first time too. I've asked Adik to hang around since he's not working just to keep an eye on them, just in case. I'm sure everything will be OK.

1 comment:

Rozi Rahman said...

Not so much of a nanny. They were more of a domestic helper. Nobody stayed long enough worth remembering. Can't get anybody who'd want to work as a house maid anymore, except the Indonesians or the Filipinos.