Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The working mom

I'm officially back to work as at 3rd March 2006. I've put it off for far too long. Coincidently, I started my first job exactly 9 years ago to the date. Good omen, I hope.

I didn't quite actually plan it through. That friday morning, I thought of leaving Danial at Nenek Damansara's and start doing some calls and fix some appointments for next week. I packed myself a suitable dress for appointment just in case. As I was driving to drop Danial off, I made some calls while Danial is sleeping peacefully in his carseat. I told myself to take it easy and make at least 2 appointments. I got 2 appointments from 2 calls! That's 100% success rate!

Long story short, I saw my regular investor first and converted it into sales. Then, I saw a prospect and also converted it into sales. Hey, I haven't lost my touch after all. Alhamdulillah, rezeki anak...

Danial seems to understand. He was wonderful at Nenek's house. He hardly made any fuss. Thank God for Nenek and Makcik Tini who made it possible for me to work in peace knowing that Danial is in good hands. I just hope that the maid that we're getting for Danial would do just as good a job as Makcik Tini if not better.

Speaking of the maid, we're keeping our fingers crossed for the application to go through at the Immigration Office. These people are really out to make our lives a living nightmare. The officer who's screening our application refused to accept our EA form claiming that it's unacceptable just because we earn commission and the EA form is done in such a way that it's different from a regular EA form. My guess is that this guy is trying to see if we're desperate enough to bribe him to 'smoothen' the procedure. Guess, we'll have to wait a little while longer and see how things turn out.

No comments: