Monday, June 05, 2006

A Malaysian Wedding


I call it a Malaysian Wedding because it's not exactly an Indian wedding, nor it is a Malay wedding. The bride is Linda, a malay lady and the bridegroom is Kumaran. The unique thing about their wedding is it'a a symbol of national integrity; a malay bride, an indian bridegroom and a chinese dinner wedding reception. Where can you get that? Only in Malaysia.

Both bride and bridegroom are friends of mine. Kumaran and I used to work together in Business Trends (now Kelly Services) and he introduced me to Linda, his girlfriend then. Linda later became my investor and a good friend. I admire Linda because she's very mature for her age.

I get to meet a lot of Kelly Services staff there. It's like Kelly Services quarterly meeting, we joked with each other. I was at a table together with all the ex-Kelly; Andy, Andrew, Sri (which I didn't get to know before) and Yazid and wife. I guess everybody did well after they left Kelly, especially Yazid. He coaches kids football now. His passion. What luck to land a job that you're trully passionate about. It doesn't seem like work at all.

Tonight, I learn 3 important things as a wife when the MC gave Linda this advice; "Don't nag", "Don't nag", "Don't nag". And for the hubby, "Listen to your wife", "Listen to your wife", "Listen to your wife". Simple rule... yet difficult to do.

No comments: