Wednesday, October 10, 2007

First Malaysian in space

We were glued on tv watching Malaysia's first astronout lifting off to the International Space Station from Baikaonur Cosmodrome at exactly 9.21pm (Malaysia time). It was exciting, heart-warming and a proud moment for us to watch history in the making. Danial was a little bit distracting. He couldn't sit still and was all over the place trying to get our attention. When I saw Dr. Sheikh Muzaphar from the camera in the capsule, I imagine how proud I'd be if it was Danial there. I bet his mom is overwhelmed with pride. Ah, the dreams all moms have for their child. To be the best they can ever be. It was like dejavu where I bet a lot of Malaysians, those who didn't go terawih, are glued to their tv set to watch this momentous event. It's like all Americans back in 1969, watching their astronouts land on the moon. To Dr. Sheikh Muzaphar, congratulations! You make us Malaysians proud that we have our own Malaysian in space. Dr. Faiz, your time will come to be in space. Hopefully, you don't have to wait long. In the thick of excitement of watching the space shuttle go into orbit after a successful lift-off, my son, Danial Raziq, launched himself to dreamland. Sweet dreams my son...

No comments: