Monday, October 15, 2007

Hari Raya 2008


Hari Raya 2008 031
Originally uploaded by Danial Raziq
Hari Raya falls on Saturday 13th October 2007. We arrived late at kampung and spend the night there so that we can have an early start. Everybody was up by 7am except for Danial. He slept on the way to kampung and when we got to kampung he woke up and stayed up when everybody else have gone to sleep until 2am. Eventually he got up and I got him ready to wear his baju raya. Sepasang dengan Babah, light green baju melayu.

It's a pretty quiet hari raya. We almost made our way back to KL to celebrate raya with my inlaws before the first delegation came. It's Nekcik and family. I have a lot of cousins my son's age and Danial has a lot of uncle and aunties to play with. Though they don't really understand each other, that doesn't stop them from playing with each other. The hyper active ones are Pak Idi's son and daughter. They don't walk but run all over the place. That suits Danial just fine as he likes running around too. Maybe he's going to grow up becoming a marathon runner like his uncle Boy.

Speaking of Uncle Boy. After sembahyang raya, I made a quick call to Boy. He was busy preparing dinner for some friends. I passed the phone to Atuk but the second Atuk heard Boy's voice, he broke down and cried. My heart went to him. He's very sensitive now. I don't know, maybe he feels that his end is near and he's physically fragile. I'm furious with the way Nenek and Mak Su treats Atuk. Like an outcast. Pak Long and Papa treat atuk better than Mak Su when they are his step sons.

Boy spoke to everybody. I feel like knocking those who ask Boy when is he coming back to Malaysia. I'm sorry Boy. They just never learn. There's a million and one things you can talk about or ask instead of that question. I know Boy is tired of it. It's good that he's much wiser and able to handle the question.

Back to our hari raya. We left for KL to celebrate with my inlaws, Danial's paternal grandparents. Kak Rozian and kids brought Nenek Damansara to Seputeh where Datuk is. We had lunch and Danial was gettng good at salam and wishing everybody "Selamat Hari Raya, Mana Duit Raya" with an outstretched hand. He also made sure to give whatever angpow or green packets that he received to either his babah or me. Good boy :-)

Nenek Damansara wasn't feeling to good so instead of beraya with us, we sent her back home to Damansara. We then went to Aunty Norizah's house. Danial was asleep, tired from all the running around in the morning. It started to rain heavily so we lepak there for quite a while until the rain stops. Danial woke up and had a bath and change of clothes before we continue the hari raya.

Last stop was Tok Gombak's house.

No comments: