Saturday, December 22, 2007

Aidiladha 2007 and Baby Isabel Eryssa


Danial and Babah
Originally uploaded by Danial Raziq
We celebrated hari raya aidiladha yesterday, 20th December 2007 in a very simple way. At first I thought I'd get Azrai and Danial to wear casual clothes on the morning of hari raya. After all, Azrai didn't go to the mosque for the Sembahyang sunat raya. But it just didn't feel right. I guess I still want to do it the old fashion way where pagi raya, you have to wear baju melayu. After all, I tailored Danial's baju melayu this year which cost me a lot. I must have him wear his baju melayu or he won't be able to fit into it six months down the road. So as the self appointed baju organiser of this household, my son and husband were very handsome in their light green baju melayu on the morning of aidiladha.

First stop, balik kampung. And kampung is in Beranang, Negeri Sembilan. For those who strongly feel that the suasana raya is stronger in kampungs, I beg to differ. When we reached my grandmother's house, my dad was still in his t'shirt and kain pelikat which means he hasn't even taken his shower yet. My Mak Su was busy getting food ready, also in her jammy. My Tok pun was inching his way to the bathroom to take his shower. The joke is on me! It certainly don't look nor feel like raya at least at my nenek's house when we got there. One would think we had the day wrong or something.

It was definitely raya because we had rendang, lemang, kuah kacang and nasi impit for breakfast. This time around, the rendang is black and hard. My nenek never wants to listen. But of course, she's the rendang minang expert of the family. How can she listen to the younger generation. The rendang memang can tahan very long. Not because it's cooked properly, but because the daging is so hard from overcooking! And kesian orang macam my Tok who only has false teeth to help him chew. The rendang is a no-no to him. Unless, he wants to test the durability of the false teeth. I bet even the dentures can crack!

Enough with the cattiness. We left kampung after rombong Cik Nah left. Since Nenek Damansara was going out, we went straight to Seputeh to see Datuk. Soosan and twins were there. I had fun tumpang sekaki main-main with the babies. Seronok main dengan babies when they are not yours. When they cry and get cranky, you can give them back to their mother.

We went to Pantai Medical Center after that to see Liris and baby Isabel again before they were discharged from the maternity ward. Liris had a wonderful pregnancy (this is coming from someone who saw Liris a total of 3 times throughout her pregnancy) or at least I was under the impression that she had a good pregnancy and an even better delivery. Her labour pain was quick and she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl of 2.88kg at around 8.20am on Wednesday morning, 19th December 2007. I don't have a good picture of baby Isabel yet and when I do, I'll blog a separate entry for her.

Last stop of the day, Bangi. Mak Ot's house. Dinner is taken care off.Trust Mak Ot to put food on the table. She made Laksa Sarawak, sup tulang, macaroni, puding and chocolate cheese cake. Danial had a good 2 hour nap at Mak Ot's place. He was exhausted with all the running around kat kampung with his uncles and aunties. We missed Amat, Epi and Delia as they left before we got there which was OK when I found out that Delia is having chicken pox. Don't want Danial to get it now.

So, that was our hari raya haji activity... Going around visiting and eat, and eat, and eat... Malaysian favorite passtime activity.

No comments: