Saturday, August 18, 2007

Standing on the side


Bike
Originally uploaded by Rahim Rahman
I was reading my brother's blog a few days ago and even got the chance to chat with him with Google Talk. He's now into triathlon and just finish his first half marathon last weekend. His blog entry on the triathlon was in great detail that I got tired just reading it.

My brother turned out to be a better blogger than I am. He blogs more frequently than I do and he covers a wide range of topics of things that are going on in his life. When I read his blog I feel that he trully embraces life. He doesn't let life passes him by. He makes the most of it; which puts me to shame. I have lots of wants and goals in life but I haven't actually gotten my hands dirty in getting them. There's still a long list of things I want to do which I haven't taken off my to do list.

But that is looking at the glass half empty. I may not be a marathon runner but I'm proud of the things I've achieved over the years. One of my biggest accomplishment is being a mom. Having Danial is the greatest thing I've ever wanted. And soon, our family will be blessed with another miracle.

So, I guess I'm alright after all. Not everybody can be a marathon runner. I'm content to standing on the side, cheering for my brother when I get the chance to see him in action.

No comments: