Saturday, December 23, 2006

Never trust your Indon maid

Thank God it's Friday. What a week it has been. God works in wonderous ways. We've found out that Bibik has an unhealthy habit of being friendly with the opposite gender when we accidentally found her purse in the shoe cabinet last Tuesday. I was shocked beyond words. All this while, we've been taken for a ride. What made me more upset was she lied to me with a straight face. I don't know when the truth stopped and when the lie began. I was furious of course that I couldn't sleep that night. I prayed for God to give me strength, wisdom and patience to handle this dugaan.

The next day, I dropped Danial in Setiawangsa and sent Bibik straight to the agent. I thought I was mean when I blew my top the day before but the agent was even more brutal. At least, she did the dirty work for us and we uncovered more unpleasant evidence. Long story short, Bibik is history.

Alhamdulillah, God answered my prayers. I was strong and was surprised at myself. I'm sure it's the right thing to do. How can I trust my precious baby to someone whom I cannot trust? So, now we're back to just the three of us; plus Adik. It's not so bad after all. It's not the end of the world. Somehow, I feel I've gained back my home in totality. I can't explain but it's good to have your home just for yourself. It's still a matter of working around Danial but he's older and more independent now. I can do work and keep an eye on him while he's playing. And of course, Azrai is a gem. He help out a lot with Danial. We make a good team. Yeah... we'll be alright.

On Thursday, I went out from the house as early as 6.45am with Danial to the ERL Station. Danial was still asleep when we sponge bath him and changed his diaper and clothes. He had a late night the night before. We were on the train KL bound at 7.10am and reached KL Sentral by 7.30am. There's plenty of seats in the ERL but I had to stand and hold Danial with one hand on the LRT. We only managed to get some seats after KLCC stop. Another 20 minutes, we arrived in Setiawangsa Station and Danial's Nenek picked us up.

Pak Ngah and entourage was already there. I fed Danial quickly. Had a quick bite and bundled Danial in Nenek's Kancil and we're off to Ipoh by 8.45am. I wasn't worry because it's school holiday and the traffic is quite easy. Slight congestion in the city but it was smooth driving on the highway all the way. Danial was behaving quite well in the journey. He took a short nap and spent the rest of the journey just relaxing and enjoying the trip.

We arrived to Wayak's house by noon. Wayak was not well before but she's OK now. We had lunch there and lepak before we head back to KL. Danial was the star attraction because of his generous supply of *muahs* to everybody. He was definitely bushed and slept all the way back to KL.

Adik came home after 4 days in NZ and we filled him in on the misadventure. Can't say we're sorry. He felt duped as we did. Lesson learned, never trust your Indon maid no matter how sincere they look. After this scarring experience, I don't think I'd want to open my house and have another maid anymore. If everybody help around the house, I'm sure we managed. It's not that the house was spick and span when Bibik was around either.

Another gift God gives me now is I don't need much sleep like I used to. In fact I can't sleep after 12am. It's almost 4am now and I'm wide awake. I've swept and moped the floor, wiped the surface, rearranged books and now blogging and I'm not a little bit sleepy. My clock has been changed to US time now :) At least I can get some work done while everybody is sleeping.

Well, I've always believe in there's a silver lining at the end of the dark clouds. It's good that we discovered Bibik's deception before it's too late. We're humbled by doing the household work and we spend wonderful, quality time with Danial again. I'm sure things are going to get better since it has already hit rock bottom. I'm at peace with everything now. I just have to move forward and look ahead. We all are...

No comments: